The Critical Thinking: Analytical Reasoning for Decision Making course offered by MIT xPRO in partnership with Global Alumni focuses on developing essential skills in analytical reasoning and decision-making. The course aims to cultivate critical thinking abilities that enable individuals to consider multiple solutions for a problem, evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of various alternatives, and understand the consequences of the chosen solution.
By completing this course, participants will:
- Develop deductive thinking and metacognitive skills to understand and solve problems.
- Critically analyze alternative solutions and identify supporting or opposing evidence.
- Learn about information literacy and research techniques to draw conclusions.
- Explore real-world applications of argument diagramming to assess the strength of evidence in relation to social and technical factors.
- Apply Bayes' theorem to determine the probability of an event based on relevant circumstances.
- Practice team decision-making processes using tools such as the Pugh matrix and evaluation matrix.
The course is suitable for managers, directors, and team leaders seeking to enhance their analytical reasoning skills for better decision-making. It is also beneficial for specialized professionals interested in learning new problem-solving methodologies. Additionally, individuals from any background who wish to explore analytical reasoning to make optimal decisions will find value in this course.
Please find more information on the course website: Critical Thinking: Analytical Reasoning for Decision Making
Please reach out directly to Global Alumni with any questions via this contact form.