The Project Management: Leading Organizations to Success course offered by MIT xPRO in collaboration with Global Alumni is an 8-week online program designed to provide participants with an extensive understanding of all phases of project organization and the ability to strategize using the information to their advantage.
Key details of the course include:
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Commitment: 6-8 hours per week
- Language: English, Spanish, Portuguese
- Format: Online
The course focuses on leveraging management abilities to take organizational projects to the next level. Project leaders are responsible for the success of entire projects, requiring them to be effective leaders, motivators, and organizers who can keep timelines, dependencies, and responsibilities on track. The course presents an integrated framework for setting up organizations and projects for success while also emphasizing the importance of setting realistic expectations and commitments.
Throughout the project lifecycle, project managers need to process large amounts of information, making project management rooted in gathering and organizing information. From collecting project requirements and forming a team to tracking progress and reporting financial status, this process can be overwhelming.
Through this course, participants will gain the ability to design and manage complex technology projects holistically, acquiring fundamental project management skills that make them more effective project leaders.
Throughout the course, participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of various phases of project management and organizational issues, maintaining a comprehensive overview of the project life cycle.
- Explore initial project strategy and conception, project planning, project execution, risk management, and project conclusion.
- Learn how to choose the right projects, develop practical and executable plans, ensure project execution aligns with strategy, manage risks and adapt to unexpected opportunities, and leverage post-project assessment for organizational learning.
The course is aimed at team leaders from various industries looking to develop their project management abilities, middle and senior-level managers seeking practical and applicable project management tools, and senior executives who want to adapt project organizations in a continuously evolving business and technology environment. While prior project management experience is advisable, there are no prerequisites for this program.
Please find more information on the course website: Project Management: Leading Organizations to Success.
Please reach out directly to Global Alumni with any questions via this contact form.