By the end of the course you will have:
- Learned key terms and strategies from negotiation and conflict resolution theory, theories of social influence (persuasion) and theories regarding the exercise of power within and between organizations.
- Built awareness of multicultural interactions in the workplace, particularly in regard to different perspectives on negotiation.
- Demonstrated theory through multiple real-time role-play simulations followed by peer feedback.
- Identified tensions within co-working teams and understand how best to balance competing ideas and interests while finding common ground.
- Constructed a personal theory of practice and the progress they have made in the course regarding their ideas about negotiation, social influence, and the exercise of power inside organizations and multiparty situations.
- Developed the tools and the playbook needed to continue to learn from personal negotiation and organizational leadership efforts after completing the course.