Learn how the computational tools used in engineering problem-solving are put into practice in course 2 of this 2-course program. View the weekly schedule here.
- Understand why and how machine learning methods may improve engineering problem-solving.
- Learn how researchers make better predictions with missing or sparse data.
- Transfer machine learning approaches developed in one industry to another industry.
- Quantify risk and clarify salient features from data in complex systems.
- Assess conditions when a machine learning approach may not be helpful or worth the extra effort.