Understand the computational tools used in engineering problem-solving in course 1 of this 2-course program. View the week by week schedule here.
- Simulate physical processes using numerical discretization methods.
- Assess cost-accuracy trade-offs in numerical simulation.
- Learn powerful optimization techniques and understand their fundamental role in machine learning.
- Describe canonical machine learning problems from a statistical perspective.
- Practice real-world forecasting and risk assessment problems using Monte Carlo simulation.